Shotgun Season has begun! First practices are Wednesday, September 27 at 5:30 and Friday, September 29 at 5:30.
Both of these practices will be held at Meadows Gun Club on Rumble Road. Please bring all equipment needed for practice including: shotgun, shells, ear and eye protection. The cost will be $5 for the 25 shots. Please call or text Wendy Jones with any questions at 478-361-5173. See you at the range!
CGA will offer a Shotgun Club rather than a league-sanctioned competition team. This decision was made after many discussions with interested families and evaluating the cost to compete. This foundational season will hopefully develop into a GICAA competitive team for 2018 – 2019.
The Shotgun Club will run September – December. Practices will be at the Meadows in Monroe County and Ocmulgee Gun Club in South Bibb.
Our five certified coaches will work with shooters on the following topics:
2. Shooting Etiquette and Ethics
3. Fundamentals of Shotgun Shooting – Position, Mount, Vision, Movement
4. The Shooter’s Journal – Purpose, Value, Uses
5. Demonstration and Practice ...- Skeet, Trap, Sporting Clays
This process will prepare the student to compete in tournaments. When the coaches believe a student is ready, the student will be allowed to compete in tournaments as an individual shooter.
To become a member of the CGA Shotgun Club:
1. Home schooled student in grades 7 – 12
2. Complete CGA Annual Registration ($27) http://centralgeorgiaaa.org/
3. Enroll in CGA Shotgun Club ($40)
4. Using the link in the confirmation email from Annual Registration
5. Complete the online Hunter Safety Course before first practice https://www.hunter-ed.com/georgia/
Equipment required: shotgun (preferably 12 gauge), your own shells (7.5 - 9 target loads), eye protection (impact resistant), ear protection, and vest/pouch for ammo. No camouflage clothing.
Typically, the range charges a fee of $30 for a 25 round practice of trap, sheet, or clay. That fee must be paid by the shooter to the range. Coaches will provide more details regarding the number of practices and possible tournaments at the information meeting.