SwimmingAugust 22, 2017
Swimming is offered through Swim Macon.
Established in 1981
“Committed to excellence in life through competitive swimming”
2017-2018 Info Sheet
- Visit the team website at www.swimmacon.com
Complete the Registration form.
Return registration and first month fee to the front office on the first day of practice Oct 2, 2017 at 1:30pm.
Visit www.usaswimming.org for information about the sport and services provided by United States Swimming.
Swim Macon was founded in 1981 by Dr. James Lee Stockslager. Over our +30 year history, Swim Macon has trained numerous Division I, II, & III level swimmers, as well as NAIA and JUCO level student athletes as well as several NCAA and JUCO All Americans. SMAC has a long tradition of excellence in both academics and athletics.
We offer year around competitive swimming, pre competitive swimming, and learn to swim. In the fall of 2017 we decided to implement a Home School group to offer competitive swimming to the thriving community here in Middle Georgia.
Swim Macon is a year around swim club of around 100 athletes. We are a member of USA Swimming and compete in the Georgia Local Swimming Committee.
The plan is to offer our Home School Group Monday through Thursday from 1:30-2:30pm beginning October 2nd and revisit after January. Most High School swimming ends at that time.
- Child must be able to swim 25 yards unassisted.
- SMAC Will provide instruction in all four competitive strokes.
- Starts, Turns, Finishes
- Flexible schedule proposed for 1:30-2:30pm, but time can be changed if group agrees.
- Individual opportunity (No bench warmers)
- USA Swimming Certified Coaching Staff with over 30 years experience
-No better aerobic fitness out there
- Swimming teaches great life skills! Patience, personal and physical growth, discipline, commitment, high effort, personal responsibility, and attention to detail to include a few.
- Cost for our program will be $85/ month per swimmer.
- Program will run through the end of January 2018, and then we will continue if we have children who are interested in staying on longer.
- Swim Suit/ Goggles/ Towel are the only required equipment
-Practices are conducted at 5097 Northside Drive, Macon, GA 31210